"Their rendition of 'As Vesta Was from Latmos Hill Descending' is a real firecracker"
Classic FM Magazine
Our first CD, featuring a selection of our favourite European and American choral classics.
This album provides a superb collection of Coro's favourite choral works from over a dozen composers, from Henry Purcell's Hear My Prayer and Mendelssohn's setting of Psalm 43 to Bogoroditse Devo from Rachmaninov's Vespers. Coro were delighted to give the UK premiere of Eric Whitacre's Leonardo Dreams of his Flying Machine which is included here alongside a rumbustous arrangement of Drunken Sailor and a simple but powerful arrangement of the spiritual Deep River.
- 1. As Vesta Was From Latmos Hill Descending - Thomas Weelkes
- 2. Lay A Garland - Robert Lucas de Pearsall
- 3. Who Shall Win My Lady Fair? - Robert Lucas de Pearsall
- 4. Hear My Prayer - Henry Purcell
- 5. When David Heard - Thomas Tomkins
- 6. My Spirit Sang All Day - Gerald Finzi
- 7. Heraclitus - Charles Villiers Stanford
- 8. My Love Dwelt In A Northern Land - Edward Elgar
- 9. The Lovers' Ghost - Ralph Vaughan Williams
- 10. Richte Mich, Gott (Psalm 43) - Felix Mendelssohn
- 11. Bogoroditse Devo - Sergei Rachmaninov
- 12. Beati Quorum Via - Charles Villiers Stanford
- 13. O Magnum Mysterium - Morten Lauridsen
- 14. Leonardo Dreams Of His Flying Machine - Eric Whitacre
- 15. Drunken Sailor - Arr. Jonathan Willcocks
- 16. Blue Skies - Irving Berlin
- 17. Chatanooga Choo Choo - Harry Warren/Arr. Ben Parry
- 18. Sleep - Eric Whitacre
- 19. Deep River - Arr. Roy Ringwald