"The 25 singers of Coro sing with great passion and verve…their accomplished sound is accompanied by excellent diction"
Choir and Organ
A fine selection of early 17th century German and Italian choral music, accompanied by Camerata Antica.
A collection of music from three of the greatest composers of the early 1600s, Giovanni Gabrieli, Claudio Monteverdi and Heinrich Schutz, this album brought Coro together with period instrument ensemble Camerata Antica for a feast of the Baroque. Well-known works such as Monteverdi's Beatus Vir and Gabrieli's O Magnum Mysterium are featured along with the lesser known composer Corradini and his setting of the title text, O Jesu Mi Dulcissime.
- 1. Wie Lieblich Sind Deine Wohnungen - Heinrich Schutz
- 2. O Magnum Mysterium - Giovanni Gabrieli
- 3. Canzona Il a 6 - Giovanni Gabrieli
- 4. Cantate Domino - Claudio Monteverdi
- 5. Alleluia! Lobet Den Herren - Heinrich Schutz
- 6. Prospera Lux Venit - Nicolo Corradini
- 7. Omnes Gentes Plaudite Manibus - Giovanni Gabrieli
- 8. O Jesu Mi Dulcissime - Nicolo Corradini
- 9. O Sacrum Convivium - Andrea Gabrieli
- 10. Selig Sind Die Toten - Heinrich Schutz
- 11. Beatus Vir - Claudio Monteverdi
- 12. O Jesu Mi Dulcissime - Giovanni Gabrieli